Emerald Medical Centre Lane Cove
Phone: 02 9420 0222
Emerald Medical Centre Lane Cove commenced practice in January 2010. Our aim is to provide holistic comprehensive medical care for all our patients. This involves treating all your medical problems. We are also active in preventative health, and our aim is to work together with you to prevent the development of medical problems and to keep you healthy.
WE ARE STILL OPEN REGULAR HOURS & PATIENT SAFETY INSIDE OUR PRACTICE IS FIRST PRIORITY. BULK BILL PHONE CONSULTATION VIA APPOINTMENT ALSO AVAILABLE. CALL PRACTICE FOR DETAILS.
Dr Carl Wong
Dr Wong graduated from University of Sydney with a pharmacy degree in 1997. After working as a pharmacist for a number of years, he decided to go back and do further study and graduated from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (with honours) in 2004.
For 2 years, he worked at a number of hospitals in Sydney and also rural NSW, gaining experience in a wide range of medical, psychiatric and surgical problems. With a love of child and family care, he then went onto work at Sydney Children's Hospital at Randwick, having early plans to become a paediatrician. He completed his Diploma of Child Health (with high distinctions) during this time.
Despite enjoying child health, he realised he missed the satisfaction of treating adult patients and chronic health problems, and realised that he enjoyed the holistic approach of general practice, in being able to look after a wide range of patients comprehensively. He then undertook general practice training and became a member of Royal Australian College of General Practitioners in 2009. Since then he has completed a Certification in General Practice Dermatology in 2010 and is a certified provider of Implanon insertions. He has completed Advanced Training in Suicide Prevention and is working on completing his Diploma in Children & Adolescent counselling
Dr Wong enjoys seeing all the facets that general practice health care has to offer. His particular interests include child and family health, dermatology, chronic disease management and preventive health and screening.
In 2016, Dr Wong was the recipient of the Lane Cove Citizenship award for recognition of his workplace contributions to the community life of Lane Cove.
In 2021, Dr Wong has started written the monthly Health and Wellbeing supplement for The Villager Observer magazine.
When not working, he enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife and 2 daughters, reading, watching movies and catching up with friends and family
MBBS (Hons) (USyd)
Diploma of Child Health
Cert General Practice Dermatology
Advanced certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine (Bond)
Advanced certificate of General Dermatology (Bond)
Dr Najiba Arian
Dr Arian is a registered general and specialist medical practitioner with over 35 years experience in general practice and hospital settings in Australia. She spent the first 7 years of her career in Sydney's outer western hospitals where she gained a diverse range of experience in emergency care, surgery and paediatrics. Over 30 years of working in various general practice settings has provided her with robust experience in clinical assessment and diagnosis of acute and chronic illnesses. She has a particular interests in women's health, mental health and dermatology, and has been vocationally registered since 1982. Najiba is bilingual and fluent in Farsi. Her Australian-Afghan heritage affords her cultural sensitivity and awareness when treating her patients.
In her spare time she enjoys continuing her professional development, staying active and healthy, spending time with her family and nurturing her garden.
Previous professional employment:
General Practice - Macquarie Medical Centre North Ryde (2006-2010)
General Practice and Affiliate Medical Officer - Fairfield (1986-2006)
Volunteer Medical Doctor - Red Cross and Commonwealth Rehabilitation Services (1993-1998)
Resident Medical Officer - Fairfiled (1979-1986) and Ryde Hospital (1977-1978)
Registrar at various hospitals - Afghanistan (1973-1976)
Education: Kabul University, Afghanistan.
Professional certification: Medical Board of Australia, RACGP, and University of Queensland.
Dr Norman Phan
Dr Phan completed his Fellowship to the Royal Australian College of General Practice (FRACGP) in 2002. He has experience with working in remote and isolated regions around Australia, including remote aboriginal settlements in outback Northern Territory and North Western/Western Australia. He has completed further post graduate training in Tropical Medicine, Trauma Medicine, Underwater Medicine and Aviation Medicine.
Advance Training in Underwater Medicine
Remote Rural Medicine
Early Management of Severe Trauma /Advance Trauma Life Support (EMST/ATLS)
Aviation Medicine, Aeromedical Evacuation. Fixed Wing and Rotatory Wing.
Dr Darshanee Mahaliyana
Dr Mahaliyana successfully completed the Australian Medical Council Examination in 2013 and worked in Royal North Shore Hospital for two years before joining General Practice training in rural Australia. She passed fellowship of the Royal Australian Colleague of General Practitioners examination in 2007. Before she started working at this practice, she was based on the Central Coast as a GP for six years seeing a wide range on interesting and complex cases. She also has experience working in Aged Care facilities and Aboriginal Medical facilities. She has a wide range of experience and interests, and enjoys managing patients with chronic diseases, work-related health issues and mental health. She has a particular interest in children's and women's health.
Dr Mahaliyana enjoys attending medical seminars and educational event updates, and improving her medical knowledge and clinical skills.
In her spare time, Dr Mahaliyana enjoys travelling, classical music and reading.
Dr Cheuk Cheung
Dr Cheung obtained his medical degree from the University of Sydney in 2014 and then worked at Bankstown, Campbelltown, and Bowral hospitals. He did further training in intensive care and anaesthesia at Royal North Shore and North Shore Private Hospitals before entering general practice.
Dr Cheung enjoys all aspects of general practice, particularly in men’s health, musculoskeletal conditions, and managing chronic conditions with a holistic and person-centred approach. He also has an interest in skin conditions and performing minor skin procedures, which he developed while working in the Blue Mountains.
Prior to medicine, Dr Cheung studied piano at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music and maintains his passion for music by playing in jazz groups and sometimes songwriting.
SCHP (Sydney Child Health Program)
Ms Caroline Ng (Registered Nurse)
Caroline graduated from the University of Technology Sydney with a Bachelor of Nursing degree in 2012, and has been working at Emerald Medical Centre Lane Cove since 2013, as a Registered Nurse. She has a special interest in Chronic Disease Management, especially Type 2 Diabetes, Asthma and other Lung disorders. As a Practice Nurse, Caroline loves opportunity to work with patients from different age groups, especially children and our elderly patients. She has also completed a Graduate Certificate in Diabetes Education (Deakin University), and has been providing diabetes education for our patients. She is also bilingual in Mandarin and Cantonese. She is also a qualified Nurse Immuniser.
In her spare time, she loves travelling and swimming
Allied Health Professionals
- Alexandra Saunders, BPsych (Hons)
Registered psychologist with 4+ years of experience at highly regarded psychology practices and clinics across the greater Sydney area. Alexandra has treated depression, anxiety, trauma, personality-disorders, and drug and alcohol addiction in clients ranging from children and adolescents through to adults and the elderly. Alexandra has a unique blend of academic expertise and practical experience, complemented by a truly caring psychologist-patient relationship that promotes client results, well-being, and quality of life. Treatment specialties include Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Mindfulness Techniques and Motivational Interviewing, and treatment programs are always personalized for individual clients to guide improvement over both short term consultation periods and long term personal development periods. She offers Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) as a treatment intervention for trauma memories.
Ms Erna Lim
Ms Hyeong Sook Gardner
Ms Linda Butler
Our friendly and experienced receptionist are willing and able to help ypur visit to our practice and are there also to answer any enquiries you have.
Skin Cancer Clinic
- Skin Cancer Check
- Skin Lesion Surgery And Cryotherapy
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Ecg Heart Assessment
- Allergy Testing
- Travel Medicine
- Work Cover
- Counselling And Mental Health
- Men's Health
- Pre-Employment Assessments
- Insurance Medical Assessments
- Driver's Medical Assessments
- Medico-Legal Reports
- On-Site Pathology
- My Health Record or e-Health
- Antenatal And Postnatal Care
- Pap Smear
- Breast Check
- Family Planning And Contraception
- Implanon Insertion And Removal
- Childhood Immunisations
- Newborn Assessment
- Children's Health Check
- Developmental Assessment
- Adolescent Health
- Blood Tests/Collection
- Blood Pressure Check
- Vaccination, Eg Influenza, Travel
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Management
Diabetic Educator now started.
Asthma Clinic coming soon.
Fees & Charges
All consultations performed in our medical practice by the doctors are bulk billed. For those without a valid Medicare Card, a cash or eftpos payment is required:
- Standard consult $80 ($90 After Hours)
- Long consultation $110 ($120 After Hours)
- Most childhood vaccination and influenza vaccines are provided free if you are eligible through Medicare. We will notify you if there is a fee for the vaccine.
- There will be a fee for travel vaccinations, as these are not funded by Medicare.
- The flu vaccine is free for those who meet the government criteria.
- Most skin procedures will attract a private fee. This includes removal of moles and skin cancers.
- Most Cryotherapy however is bulk billed.
- For any service that is inadequately or not funded by Medicare, the doctor will advise you of the fee before the service is provided.
- Removal and Insertion of 'Implanon' will attract a small private fee.
- Please see our doctors if you require a referral to see a specialist, psychologist, or other health care provider etc. As it can take time to fully understand your problem and also to write a detailed referral for you, please be considerate in allowing an adequate time for the doctor to see you before your planned specialist appointments.
- For Mental Health Care Plans and other Health Care Plans, please make a longer appointment so the Doctor has time to accommodate all your requests.
After Hours Services
- We open long hours, six days a week to accommodate those in need. However, we also do have an after-hours service. (Phone 137425 or 13SICK)
- In the event of emergency and our surgery is closed, please ring 000 for an ambulance.
Compliments And Complaints
- If at anytime you have concerns or comments to make, please do not hesitate to contact our practice on 9420 0222 or email us at email@example.com
- Your medical record is a confidential document and your privacy is important to us. It is the policy of this practice to maintain security of personal health information at all times, and ensure this information is only available to authorised members of staff.
- Pathology and test results will not be given out over the phone. This is because of patient confidentiality and also the need to often explain the results in person. You will kindly need to arrange an appointment with your doctor to discuss your results.
- Some pathology tests can take longer to perform than others. Please consult your doctor as to when to return for review for results
- We do recall patients with significant abnormal results, so please ensure your contact details are up to date.
- Our practice is committed to preventative care. We will issue you with a reminder notice from time to time when considered necessary by our Doctors, such as in the case of result recalls, and when asked by the Health Department.
Appointments & Opening Hours
- Please call us for an appointment. Our dedicated receptionist staff will endeavour to accommodate your needs.
- Please note we do not make appointments via our email service.
Failure to attend appointments
- If you are unable to attend an appointment, please contact reception staff as soon as possible to cancel or reschedule. Should you not cancel your appointment,there's a penalty fee of $30.
- OPEN 6 DAYS
- Monday to Thursday: 8am to 6pm
- Friday: 8am to 5pm
- Saturday: 9am to 1pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
- Public Holidays: Varied (Call surgery to confirm)
Click here to view our contact details